ABOUT CITY POINT UMC Richland Hills United Methodist Church changed its name to City Point United Methodist Church on October 1, 2015. The church was organized with 89 members on July 26, 1953 in the Richland
Hills Civic Center Building under the leadership of Reverend Robert E. Young. Membership increased so rapidly that property owned on Reeves Street in Richland Hills was termed inadequate and 5 1/2 acres was purchased at 7301 Glenview
Drive in North Richland Hills, its present site.Services were held in Richland Elementary School beginning in September 1953 with 215 persons forming the church. Morning worship services continued at Richland Elementary
and then Glenview Elementary Schools until February 1955.Many evening services were held in the open air on the church lot next to the parsonage which was located at 6624 Reeves Street. The present sanctuary on Glenview
was consecrated in July, 1959. On December 13, 1979 the new building was cleared of debt.The City Point UMC Sanctuary was remodeled in 2017/2018.